VadaTech, Inc. is seeking candidates for Machinist/Laser Cutter Operator. The Machinist/Laser Cutter Operator will be responsible for machining work and fabrication in the manufacturing process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Setup and operate Coherent Laser cutter for cutting of front panels, plates, and lexan overlays
- Perform machining work on manual Knee mill to modify existing machined parts to revised specifications
- Assist with other metals parts and fixture fabrication work, as needed – including cutting, jigging, installation of hardware and helicoils, physical dimensioning, etc.
- Capable of holding tight tolerances associated with the machining of precision parts
- Use measuring gauges including micrometers, calipers, height gauge, depth gauge, bore gauges, Mahr gages, and others to inspect manufactured parts, in order to ensure adherence to drawing tolerances.
- Perform machine shop set-up and maintenance.
- Perform daily cleaning and light maintenance tasks on machinery.
- Ensure all manufacturing safety & regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Actively practice a culture of 5S (Sort, Set and Order, Shine, Standardize and Sustain) in the machine shop.
- Certification related to Machining or Machine Tool Technology and High school diploma required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a machinist role.
- Experience in CNC Programming, and MasterCam a plus
- Ability to proficiently operate manual knee mill, drill press, band saw.
- Ability to review part prints and assure machining accuracy.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Strong experience with using standard inspection tools and methods in the evaluation of machined parts.
- Ability to work in both R&D and production rate environments.
- Creative problem solver, able to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Sitting and standing for long hours
- Ability to move around the facility, climbing stairs as necessary, bend down and reach up
- Frequently communicates with others; must be able to exchange accurate information verbally and in writing
- Constantly operate a computer and other standard office equipment such as phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Manual dexterity in order to use packaging and assembly tools such as screw drivers, tape packaging, box assembly among others
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs. (one person lift) additional weight lifted should be a two person lift.
- Read or write and interpret data
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate management's assignment of essential functions and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign and reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
VadaTech provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, socio-economic status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran and any other class protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. The company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
VADATECH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/DISABILITY/VET
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
VadaTech offers competitive compensation and benefits which include medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with employer contribution, PTO, paid Holidays, and on-site fitness center.