Production Technician is responsible for performing product testing of board and system level products, diagnosing and troubleshooting product failures as required. Strong technical knowledge with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues is needed, and you must be able to perform effectively with high quality with little direct supervision.
- Perform functional test of company’s board and system level products
- Test and troubleshoot board failures as required
- Assist engineering on prototype testing
- Provide detailed symptom descriptions for failures uncovered during functional test to assist in component-level troubleshooting.
- Adhering to Manufacturing Process instructions or other established procedures during the manufacturing process to produce a quality product.
- Follows all applicable work instructions to perform testing and repair processes.
- Take initiative to identify problems and their root causes as well as participate in implementing solutions.
- Discuss problems (technical and process) encountered while testing/troubleshooting with supervisor and engineering staff and recommend solutions to improve work efficiency.
- Escalate product and process issues to management and help with problem resolution.
Follows all corporate, safety and production procedures and regulations and maintains a clean and orderly workstation. Assures that his/her group adheres to the company standards and regulations
- Minimum electronics certification from accredited two-year technical or four year Engineering school
- Minimum two (2) years experience as electronics technician in manufacturing test environment
- Troubleshooting, identification of electronic and mechanical failure modes
- Using test instruments like Multimeter, Oscilloscope, Power Supplies, etc.
- Basic Networking knowledge required
- Reading and understanding schematics, datasheets and written work instructions