Digital Hardware Engineer
VadaTech, Inc. is seeking candidates for a Digital Hardware Engineer position. The Digital Hardware Engineer is responsible for assisting in Hardware Design Verification of its new products (DVT), troubleshoot RMAs, and assist on general hardware debug and board bring up stages. This position will be responsible for hands-on technical functions in support of engineering activities such as design, test, and verification of complex electronic circuitry.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have knowledge of digital systems including at a high level how microprocessors, power conversion, control circuits, and high-speed data/clock lines operate
- Must have good working familiarity with Linux and shell scripting languages
- C programming experience
- Must be familiar with reading schematic documents and files as well as using layout tool to aid in troubleshooting during board bring up or RMA cycles
- Able to document test procedures and reports and also maintain ECO documentation during prototype debugging
- Troubleshooting of electronic boards/components with associated test equipment (oscilloscopes, sampling scopes, electronic load boxes, spectrum analyzers, etc.) is a must
- Experience in hardware prototype bring-up, debug, fault detection, failure analysis and yield improvement. Will work with Hardware and Software engineers to debug and verify product features using engineering documents, specifications, and design files (schematics and layout)
- MUST HAVE A SOLID UNDERSTANDING OF ELECTRONIC CIRCUITS AND EXCELLENT DEBUGGING SKILLS
- Strong experience troubleshooting, testing, replacing and repairing circuit board assemblies to component, board and system level using engineering documents and specifications
- Familiar with basic communication buses such as I2C/IPMBus, JTAG, RS-232, SPI, etc
- Work closely with colleagues from product development, manufacturing and product management performing a multitude of activities throughout the product development life-cycle
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and adheres to the VadaTech Quality System
- Maintains knowledge in area of specialization, keeps abreast of developments in the field
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Associates Degree, B.S.E.E. or equivalent required
- 5+ years of experience in digital systems
- Experience with prototyping solutions and bench testing methodology
- Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions and communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- FLUENT DOMAIN OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE: ABILITY TO READ, WRITE AND SPEAK ENGLISH WELL
- ABILITY TO HANDLE JOB STRESS AND INTERACT EFFECTIVELY WITH OTHERS IN THE WORKPLACE
- C/C++ programming experience, an understanding of the software lifecycle, and strong structured coding practices
- Hands-on experience testing and debugging systems implemented with single board computers, complex microcontroller, or digital signal processing systems
- Experience in troubleshooting and repairing Microprocessor-based boards without any supervision
- Complete understanding of digital and analog circuit design and theories
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents. (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with limited supervision
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills required in effectively interfacing and coordinating with company personnel, customers and suppliers
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytic skills and problem solving
- Must be accurate, detail-oriented, and organized
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace
Competitive compensation and benefits which include medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with employer contribution, PTO, paid Holidays, and on-site fitness center.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate management's assignment of essential functions and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign and reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
VadaTech provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, socio-economic status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran and any other class protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. The company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
VADATECH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/DISABILITY/VET
VADATECH, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.