Hardware Engineering Technician (DVT)
VadaTech, Inc. is seeking candidates for a Hardware Engineering Technician position. The Hardware Engineering Technician will be responsible for technical functions in support of engineering activities such as testing, and checkout of design circuitry.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Test and debug electronic boards during initial bring up phase which includes engineering support, DVT and RMA
- Troubleshoot, test, replace and repair circuit board assemblies to component, board and system level using engineering documents and specifications
- Troubleshoot electronic boards/components with associated test equipment (oscilloscopes, sampling scopes, spectrum analyzers, etc.)
- Responsible for the documentation of test procedures and reports
- Read schematic documents and files as well as using layout tool to aid in troubleshooting during board bring up or RMA cycles
- Work closely with colleagues from product development, manufacturing and product management performing a multitude of activities throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and adheres to the VadaTech Quality System.
- Maintains knowledge in area of specialization, keeps abreast of developments in the field.
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Associates Degree, B.S.E.E. or equivalent required
- 3+ years of electronics industry related experience
- Strong experience troubleshooting, testing, replacing and repairing circuit board assemblies to component, board and system level using engineering documents and specifications
- Basic knowledge of digital and analog circuits ranging from DC to multi-GHz, FPGA, Microprocessor, power circuits, control circuits, and high-speed data/clock rates
- Must be familiar with reading schematic documents and files as well as using layout tool to aid in troubleshooting during board bring up or RMA cycles
- Must be familiar with reading schematic design and CAD PCB layouts
- Solid understanding of electronic circuits, excellent debugging skills, clear thinker and the ability to use logic when testing, debugging and troubleshooting of electronic and digital-systems
- Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents. (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with limited supervision
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Exhibit sound interpersonal skills required in effectively interfacing and coordinating with company personnel, customers and suppliers
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytic skills and problem solving
- Must be accurate, detail-oriented, and organized
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace
Competitive compensation and benefits which include medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with employer contribution, PTO, paid Holidays, and on-site fitness center.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate management's assignment of essential functions and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign and reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
VadaTech provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, socio-economic status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran and any other class protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. The company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
VADATECH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/DISABILITY/VET
VADATECH, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.