PCB Soldering & Rework Specialist
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
The PCB Soldering & Rework Specialist is responsible for reworking PCB assemblies and soldering when necessary.
- Responsible for soldering of fine-pitch surface mount and thru-hole components in lead-free (RoHS) assembly line using micro-scope.
- Soldering of cable assemblies.
- Regularly incorporating engineering change orders (ECO) on PCB assemblies.
- Assisting manufacturing department in electro-mechanical assembly of system level products.
- Perform simple SMT/Thru-hole removal/replacement of components.
- General electronics assembly as required (electro-mechanical).
- Maintain a clean rework area and perform set-up and maintenance.
- Perform daily cleaning and light maintenance.
- Ensure all manufacturing safety & regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Provide training in soldering/simple rework, as needed/required.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certification to IPC/J-STD soldering standards (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years active experience soldering in fine pitch SMT and through hole soldering
- Knowledge of IPC Workmanship standards and/or certification in soldering
- Proficiency in, soldering iron, hot-air machines, and microscope
- Experience in Electro-mechanical assembly
- Understanding of electronic component types and packaging (i.e. BGA, SOICS, RES/CAP Packages, etc…)
- Ability to read, write, and interpret data and written instructions fluently in English
- Ability to work in manufacturing environment with prolonged sitting and working under a microscope
- Experience working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others; excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry 30lbs alone
Candidates will be given an extensive soldering test to establish their soldering skills. Only qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Read or write and interpret data
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate management's assignment of essential functions and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign and reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
VadaTech provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, socio-economic status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran and any other class protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. The company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
VadaTech offers competitive compensation and benefits which include medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with employer contribution, PTO, and paid Holidays.
VADATECH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/DISABILITY/VET
VADATECH PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.