VadaTech, Inc., a leading manufacturer of high tech solutions for military and telecom markets, is seeking qualified candidates for SMT Operator on its manufacturing assembly team at our manufacturing facility in Henderson, Nevada. Please note that candidates will be asked to demonstrate competent knowledge of SMT machine operations in the interview process.
The SMT Operator is responsible for loading proper parts into machine and filling solder paste, the adjustment, set up and operation of SMT machines per job order and the monitoring of the product through entire SMT process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for set-up, operation and maintenance of SMT pick and place machines, solder paste screen printers, SMT reflow ovens, AOI (Automated Optical Inspection), X-ray machines, selective solder machines, and other equipment.
- Assist manufacturing department in electro-mechanical assembly of system level products.
- Minimum two (2) years current experience operating SMT equipment (screen printer, pick and place, oven) in fast-paced environment. Experience with Europlacer SMT lines is a plus.
- Ability to operate equipment such as AOI, selective solder, aqueous washer and stencil clearer. Proficiency in SMT soldering under microscope preferred.
- Understanding of electronic component types and packaging (i.e. BGA, SOICS, RES/CAP packages etc.). Knowledge of BGA removals preferred.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and documentation such as BOMs, assembly drawings, engineering changes orders, quality process documents, and simple schematics.
- Experience in electro-mechanical assembly.
- Knowledge of IPC Workmanship Standards (preferred but not required).
- General computer skills.
- Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
- Fluent domain of the English language: ability to read, write and speak English well.
- Ability to carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Manual dexterity in order to use SMT equipment and related tools.
- Sitting and standing for long hours in an indoor work environment.
- Ability to move around the facility, climbing stairs as necessary, bend down and reach up.
- Frequently communicate with others; must be able to exchange accurate information verbally and in writing.
- Constantly operate a computer and other standard office equipment such as phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. (one-person lift) additional weight lifted should be a two-person lift.
- Read or write and interpret data.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate management's assignment of essential functions and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign and reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
VadaTech provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, socio-economic status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran and any other class protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. The company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
VadaTech offers competitive compensation and benefits which include medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with employer contribution, PTO, paid Holidays, and on-site fitness center.
VADATECH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/DISABILITY/VET
VADATECH, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
No phone calls please.