Senior Design Engineer - Intel
VadaTech, Inc. is seeking candidates for a Senior Design Engineer (Intel) position. The Senior Design Engineer is responsible for the overall schematics design of Intel Processor-based products and its related interfaces. Supports and provides expertise from the design to the production phase of products under the supervision of the Hardware Engineering Manager and other Lead Designers. Provides feedback and expertise necessary for design optimization and product improvement.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design multi-platform products containing Intel Processors and Chipsets with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Perform the design at schematics level under Altium Designer (current ECAD of choice) and perform thorough design evaluation following PDGs and any other design document for the desired target platform (datasheets, design checklists, design guidelines, etc).
- Familiar with Intel-based designs including Processors, PCHs, Ethernet Controllers, etc.
- Drive overall project and interact with other departments (such as Software, PCB Layout, and Mechanical) as part of the overall design process.
- Interact with layout designers to provide guidelines, as needed, and as support contact through the layout design stages.
- Generate any board support documentation required for Reference Manual and Product Datasheet.
- Oversees and participates in hardware test and integration in a laboratory environment using a variety of test equipment including oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and DMMs.
- Evaluates overall project architecture and proposes improvements if needed, and/or evaluates potential faults in the event the proposed architecture has issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 5-7+ years of experience in Intel-based Processor designs including evaluation of engineering design concepts
- Must have thorough knowledge of DDR memory implementations
- Must be familiar with generic I/O interface design. Such interfaces are (but not limited to) HDMI, USB 2.0/3.0, Display Port, CAN, RS-485/422, JTAG, CPU Debug Interface, etc.
- Must be able to draft detailed documentation for Hardware Reference Manuals as well as support software and BIOS team on the design description details
- Experience with BIOS design is a plus but not necessary
- Experience with CPLD programming is preferred
- Fluent English language – written and verbal
- Ability to multi-task and manage a variety of complex tasks
- Must have solid understanding of digital design, and high-speed serial interfaces (PCIe, Ethernet, QPI, etc).
- Experience in Altium Designer is a plus
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at one time and be results-oriented
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytic skills and problem solving
- Must be accurate, detail-oriented, and organized
Competitive compensation and benefits which include medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with employer contribution, PTO, paid Holidays, and on-site fitness center.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate management's assignment of essential functions and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign and reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
VadaTech provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, socio-economic status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran and any other class protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. The company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
VADATECH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/DISABILITY/VET
VADATECH, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.