The RMA Technician is responsible for performing product diagnosis, repairs and service. You will be responsible for diagnosing problems, including problem identification, research of problem, isolation of issue, and completion of resolution. Candidates for this position should be excellent communicators with advanced problem‑solving and analytical skills, be detail‑orientated and well‑organized, and have a very strong commitment.
Strong technical knowledge with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues is needed, and you must be able to perform effectively with high quality with little direct supervision.
Responsibilities of the Role:
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
- Perform functional test of company’s board and system level products
- Test and troubleshoot board failures, and RMA products
- Assist engineering on prototype testing
- Performs some-what complex tasks in preparation for repair and testing. Is able to verify assembly documentation accuracy, read engineering drawings etc. Sets up and operates machines/equipment /fixtures needed to perform repair and testing processes.
- Provide detailed symptom descriptions for failures uncovered during functional test to assist in component-level troubleshooting.
- Adhering to Manufacturing Process instructions or other established procedures during the manufacturing process to produce a quality product.
- Follows all applicable work instructions to perform repair and testing processes.
- Take initiative to identify problems and their root causes as well as participate in implementing solutions.
- Discuss problems (technical and process) encountered while testing/troubleshooting with supervisor and engineering staff and recommend solutions to improve work efficiency.
- Escalate product and process issues to management and help with problem resolution.
- Follows all corporate, safety and production procedures and regulations and maintains a clean and orderly workstation. Assures that his/her group adheres to the company standards and regulations.
- Minimum electronics certification from accredited two-year technical or four year Engineering school
- Minimum five (5) years experience as electronics technician in manufacturing test environment
- Troubleshooting, identification of electronic and mechanical failure modes
- Using test instruments like Multimeter, Oscilloscope, Power Supplies, etc.
- Basic Networking knowledge required
- Reading and understanding schematics, datasheets and written work instructions
- Fluent domain of the English language: ability to read, write, and speak English well
THE ABOVE INFORMATION ON THIS DESCRIPTION HAS BEEN DESIGNED TO INDICATE MANAGEMENT’S ASSIGNMENT OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY EMPLOYEES WITHIN THIS CLASSIFICATION. IT IS NOT DESIGNED TO CONTAIN OR BE INTERPRETED AS A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF EMPLOYEES ASSIGNED TO THIS JOB. NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT’S RIGHT TO ASSIGN AND REASSIGN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO THIS JOB AT ANY TIME.
Competitive compensation and benefits which include medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k with employer contribution, PTO, paid Holidays, and on-site fitness center.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate management's assignment of essential functions and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign and reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
VadaTech provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, socio-economic status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran and any other class protected by applicable federal, state and local laws. The company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
VADATECH, INC. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/DISABILITY/VET
VADATECH, INC. PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.